Keep in Mind
- Beware of social media hoaxes (dema in Japanese). Unfortunately, a surprising number of locals falling into panic by social media hoaxes. Check out accurate information.
- Sapporo Snow Festival is not related to COVID-19 spread (beware of hoaxes without scientific evidence).
- All schools are closed (until around late March 2020; Sapporo – 16 March 2020).
- The situation (closures and cancelled) changes day by day. Check out the latest official information.
- All government offices, post offices, banks, tourist information desks etc.
- Most sopping malls, supermarkets, convenience stores, pharmacies and DIY stores
Note: there are many places (especially tourist attractions, restaurants and shops) where business hours have temporary changed. Check out the latest information and closing time before you go.